You can walk into any Digicel Store or a shop that sells Digicel SIM cards and request for a SIM card replacement to be done.
What are the reasons for SIM card replacement?
A SIM card replacement can be done should the following things occur:
- SIM Card Lost / Stolen
- SIM Card Damaged
- SIM Card Blocked (PUK or PIN BLocked)
What is the information required when doing a SIM card replacement?
- Name of Customer and location
- The phone number to be replaced
- Year of purchase (YOP)
- Three frequently dialled numbers (3FDN)
- Reason for replacement
- Personal unlocking key (PUK) or PIN number of SIM card on the SIM Holder
- K10 which is the cost of the replacement (Note: this retail price may vary given that suppliers may add their own mark up prices)
Note: Unless all the above information is provided, a request for SIM card replacement cannot be done.
What happens after SIM replacement?
- You get your phone number back plus remaining credits, SMS or Data Bundles.
- Contacts and messages stored in the previous SIM card will not be in the new SIM card – all will be lost
- You regain access to all of Digicel’s network products and services