Here are some Frequently asked questions that will help you to use the service.
1. Who can send Wantok Moni?
Every BSP Personal Account holder that is registered for BSP Mobile Banking.
2. Does the recipient need to be registered for Wantok Moni?
No, you can send Wantok Moni to any mobile phone.
3. How do I send Wantok Moni?
If you are registered for BSP Mobile Banking you dial *131#, enter your mPIN and go to option 2. Funds Transfer, then option 3. Wantok Moni and follow the prompts.
4. Does Wantok Moni work on any mobile phone?
Wantok Moni works with any Digicel mobile phone.
5. Will I get a record of my transaction?
Yes, you will receive an SMS receipt.
6. Can I recall the money I have sent?
If the funds haven’t been accepted by the recipient yet they will be automatically transferred back to your account after 5 days. If the funds have been accepted by the recipient it is not possible to recall the funds.
7. Is there a minimum amount to be sent?
The minimum amount to be sent is K20.
8. Is there a limit to how many Wantok Moni recipients I can send money to?
No, there is no limit to the number of Wantoks you can send money to.
9. What happens if the Wantok Moni is not accepted?
If the Wantok Moni transfer is not accepted within 5 days the money is automatically transferred back to the sender’s bank account.
10. What is a Send Code?
A Send Code is generated when Wantok Moni is sent and consists of two 4-digit codes. One 4-digit code is sent to the receiver and one 4-digit code is sent to the sender. The receiver has to contact the sender to obtain the sender’s 4-digit code. The combination of the two 4-digit Send Codes allows the receiver to accept the funds that are linked to these codes. BSP sends these codes to both the receiver as well as the sender to ensure the funds are being sent to the right person and the right mobile phone number.
11. What happens if I send Wantok Moni funds to the wrong number?
If you have sent funds to the wrong number you need to keep the Send Code that you have received for yourself. The funds will automatically be credited back to your account in 5 days.
12. What happens if I lose connectivity during the transfer process?
Make sure to check your Balance or Mini Statement to verify if funds have already been sent before attempting to retry.
13. What happens if I try to send funds to my Wantok and it would exceed the K500 limit?
You will get a message advising you that the Wantok Moni account has exceeded its limit of K500. We advise you to contact the receiver to verify which amount you can still transfer before exceeding the K500 limit.
14. Can I send money to other Bank customers using Wantok Moni?
Yes, Wantok Moni can be send to anybody as long as the recipient has a Digicel mobile number.
15. Do I need to have credits in my phone to transfer funds through Wantok Moni?
Yes, Digicel will charge regular SMS fees for Wantok Moni transactions. Receiving Wantok Moni
16. Who can receive Wantok Moni?
Anyone that has a Digicel mobile phone.
17. Do I need to register for Wantok Moni?
Once you received Wantok Moni for the first time you will be asked to register for Wantok Moni by dialing *131# and follow the prompts.
18. How do I accept Wantok Moni?
After you have registered for Wantok Moni you can accept Wantok Moni funds by dialing *131#, enter your Wantok Moni PIN and go to option 1. Accept Wantok Moni and follow the prompts. When you will be asked to enter the 8-digit Send Code you are required to combine and enter the two 4-digit codes called “Send Codes”. One 4-digit Send Code is sent directly by SMS to your mobile phone and the other is sent to the sender of the funds. You need to contact the sender to obtain his 4-digit Send Code. You can combine the two 4-digit Send Codes in any order to create the 8-digit Send Code.
19. How much money can I have in my Wantok Moni account?
You can have up to K500 at any given time.
20. Can deferent senders send money to my Wantok Moni account?
Yes, you can receive from deferent senders.
21. Can I set my own Wantok Moni PIN?
Yes, when you register, you are asked to enter a self-defined 4-digit PIN number. This is the PIN (known as Wantok Moni PIN) you will use to access the Wantok Moni menu on your mobile phone going forward. You can change your Wantok Moni PIN anytime by accessing the Wantok Moni Menu and selecting the “Change PIN” option.
22. What do I need to do when I lose my mobile phone?
You need to contact Digicel and ask for a replacement SIM and the funds in the account will still be there. You will be able to keep your mobile number and access your Wantok Moni Account.
23. What happens to my Wantok Moni account when I change my mobile number?
If you get a new number, BSP will not transfer the Wantok Moni Remittance account to your new mobile number. You need to withdraw all the funds from your Wantok Moni account that is linked to your old mobile number.
24. Does the money in my Wantok Moni account expire?
No. Accepted funds will not expire. However a dormancy fee applies if you haven’t used your Wantok Moni for more than 150 days.
25. Can I transfer money from my Wantok Moni account to someone else?
No, Wantok Moni only allows you to accept funds, purchase goods and withdraw funds. If you want to carry out further types of transactions you can convert your Wantok Moni account to a full BSP Bank Account at any BSP Rural branch or BSP Rural agent.
26. Can I deposit money into my own Wantok Moni account?
No, you can only accept funds that are sent to you by BSP Mobile Banking customers.
27. What is the maximum balance of my Wantok Moni account?
The maximum balance that can be in your Wantok Moni account at any one time is K500.00. The maximum balance includes funds that you have already accepted, and funds waiting to be accepted.
28. Can I have more than one Wantok Moni account?
You can only have one Wantok Moni account per mobile number.
29. What happens if I do not use my Wantok Moni account for a while?
If you do not use your Wantok Moni account within 150 days, your account will become dormant and dormancy fee will be charged monthly and the account balance will be reduced to zero and automatically closed.
30. What is the Wantok Moni PIN?
The Wantok Moni PIN is a secret 4-digit code that you create when you first register for Wantok Moni. This code protects you from unauthorized access to your funds by other people. Whenever you want to use Wantok Moni for withdrawals or purchases you need the Wantok Moni PIN to access the Wantok Moni Menu on your mobile phone.
31. What happens if I send Wantok Moni funds to a BSP Mobile Banking customer?
If the receiver is already a BSP Mobile Banking customer then any funds sent via Wantok Moni will be deposited directly into the BSP account and the transaction is processed as a regular 3rd party bank transfer. Withdrawing Wantok Moni
32. Where can I withdraw Wantok Moni?
You can withdraw Wantok Moni at BSP EFTPOS, BSP ATM, BSP Rural branch and BSP Rural agent. You can also use Wantok Moni to make purchases using any BSP EFTPOS merchant.
33. If I receive funds from my Wantok, do I have to withdraw the whole amount at the same time?
No, you can withdraw money or make a purchase as with any regular bank account.
34. Can I withdraw cash at a BSP branch?
No, Wantok Moni can only be withdrawn at BSP EFTPOS, BSP ATM, BSP Rural branch and BSP Rural agent.
35. Do I have to withdraw the full amount in one go?
No, you can do 1 or multiple purchases or withdrawals. Keep in mind that you will need to request a new Wantok Moni Withdrawal Code for each purchase or withdrawal.
36. What is a Wantok Moni Withdrawal Code?
This is a 4-digit code issued to you to use on ATM/EftPOS/Tablets to withdraw cash and/or make purchases. You can only use the code for a single transaction (if you want to do another transaction, you will need to request another Wantok Moni Withdrawal Code)
37. How do I get a Wantok Moni Withdrawal Code?
You can create a Wantok Moni Withdrawal Code by dialing *131#, enter your Wantok Moni PIN and go to option 2. Funds Transfer, then option 3. Wantok Moni and follow the prompts.
38. What if my Wantok Moni Withdrawal Code has expired?
The Wantok Moni Withdrawal Code is valid for only 30 minutes. If the Wantok Moni Withdrawal Code Expires before you have a chance to use it you will need to request for a new one. Fees & Charges
39. Is there a registration fee?
No, registration is for free.
40. Is there a monthly account maintenance fee?
No, there is no monthly account maintenance fee.
41. Is there a fee to send Wantok Moni?
Yes, depending on how much is sent: Range Fee
K20.00 – K100.00 K5.00
K100.01 – K500.00 K10.00
42. Is there a fee to accept Wantok Moni?
No, acceptance of funds is free of charges.
43. If I don’t use my Wantok Moni account for a while, is there a fee charged?
If you do not use your Wantok Moni account within 150 days, a fee of K3.00 will be charged as a Dormancy Fee.
44. Is there a fee to withdraw Wantok Moni?
BSP Rural K0.50/withdrawal. ATM K0.75/withdrawal. Eftpos K0.25/withdrawal or purchase Help for Wantok Moni
45. Is my money safe?
Yes, your Wantok Moni account is protected by your Wantok Moni PIN.
46. What happens if the ATM does not dispense cash after the Wantok Moni transaction has been approved?
The funds will be automatically reversed back into your account.
47. What happens if there is an error with the system during the withdrawal process and my Wantok Moni Account is debited?
The funds will be automatically reversed back into your account.
48. Will I be issued a KunduCard with my Wantok Moni account?
No. You can convert your Wantok Moni account into a regular BSP Kundu account and obtain a KunduCard at any BSP Rural branch or BSP Rural agent.
49. How do I accept Wantok Moni?
To Accept Wantok Moni, dial *131*1# and follow the prompts.
50. How do I generate a Wantok Moni code?
To Generate Wantok Moni Code, dial *131*2*1*1# and follow the prompts.
51. How do I View Code?
To View Wantok Moni Code, dial *131*2*2#.
52. How do I perform Balance Enquiry?
To perform Balance Enquiry, dial *131*3# and follow the prompts.
53. How do I perform Wantok Moni PIN change?
To perform Wantok Moni Change PIN, dial *131*4# and follow the prompts.
54. What if I forget my Wantok Moni PIN?
If you have forgotten your Wantok Moni PIN and have entered 5 invalid attempts, the balance of your Wantok Moni account is sent automatically to the last person from whom you have received and accepted funds. To obtain your funds again you need to contact him or her and ask to re-send the funds to your mobile number again. This will generate a new Wantok Moni account for you and you need to register a new PIN again.