Our smartphones carry a lot of personal information. All of your text messages, emails, notes, apps, app data, music, pictures, and so much more are all on there. While it’s a very great convenience to have all of these on your phone, it’s also a major security risk if all of this data is easily accessible. The best way to prevent simple unauthorized access is by setting some sort of lock on your phone.
Two popular choices, especially on Android phones, are passwords and pattern locks.
To set up a pattern lock on your android device, follow the basic steps below:
- Go and select settings
2. Once in the Settings menu, scroll down to the “Personal” section and tap the “Security” entry.
3. The first option in this menu should be “Screen lock,” which is the one we’re looking for here. Go ahead and give that a tap
4. This will present a handful of options:
- None: No lock screen security at all.
- Swipe: Not really secure at all, this option unlocks the device just by swiping on the lock screen.
- Pattern: Unlocks the device by using a specific swipe pattern along a series of nine dots.
- PIN: Personal Identification Number. You know, like the one you have for your debit card. But don’t use the same one, please.
- Password: Not your Google password, mind you, but one specific to the lock screen. This is the most cumbersome way to unlock your device.
Tap the one you want to use and go through the prompts to set it up.
Which one you choose is up to you—each one has its pros and cons. For example, Pattern and PIN options can easily be found by checking the finger smudges or streaks on the display (unless you’re a serial screen cleaner), where a password is much more difficult to visually crack. On the other hand, a PIN is theoretically more robust than a password, unless you’re using a jumble of letters and numbers for said password.
To find out more, please chat with us by clicking here or send us an email CustomerCarePNG@digicelgroup.com or go to our Digicel PNG official Facebook page by clicking here: DigicelPNG Facebook. Our operating hours are from 8am to 9pm every day.